Thanks everyone for the quick responses to our beta call!
We have received so many submission of interest over just 2 days, and we feel to have gathered a sizeable crowd for this preliminary stage of beta testing. Again thank you all for been so passionate about contributing to VFC's growth and betterment!
Below is our beta test policy current applying:
This is a closed beta test, where the sole purpose is to flush out any potential bugs and bad designs of the game. And due to the nature of this activity is not in any way of form about marketing the game to the public. A standard form of Non-disclosure agreement is to be implemented, thank you for your understanding!
Of course we would want to show our appreciation by providing our wonderful beta testers with many rewards including a free game upon release (to those who signed up!) and a legacy game account which will have many permanent perks to it in the future.
We will be taking 50 beta testers, and it would be immensely helpful if you have a friend or peer to test the game under online environment (within your region of course), and we will be sending 2 keys to each person so that you can share the key with your testing partner.
In the event of a over-subscription to this beta test, we would select the testers according to:
1. Ability to have a dedicated testing partner
2. Had previous beta testing experience
3. Shown good passion about a multiplayer action game like VFC
4. First come first serve
Please read the Non-disclosure agreement, and proceed to fill out the contact form below to submit your interest!
L&L Technology Pty Ltd [Publisher] and Tester as entered below [Tester] agree that Tester will participate in the Virtual Fighting Championship [Game] Beta Test
Team under the terms of this Beta Test Agreement [Agreement]. As used in this Agreement, the term Game refers to all games tested while on the Beta Test Team and its user manual and all other
1. Term: This Agreement shall be effective as of the date that it is accepted by both parties and shall continue for a period of two (2) months.
2. Testing and Reporting: Tester agrees to report to Publisher any flaws he or she discovers in the game, up until the date of the first commercial sale of the Game. Tester understands that prompt and accurate reports are of great value to Publisher and promises best efforts to provide such reports on a weekly basis.
3. Copy of Game to Each Tester: Publisher offers to all beta testers who complete and return a copy of this Agreement and report weekly as provided by this Agreement, the released version of the Game (when available) free of charge.
4. Confidential Information: Tester acknowledges that as a participant in the Game's beta test, Tester will be given confidential trade secret information. Specifically, Tester agrees that the characteristics, performance, and potential shipment date of the Game, the Game itself (including all software, images, screenshots, and any documentation) and this Agreement are all Confidential Information and constitute trade secrets of the Publisher.
Tester acknowledges that disclosure of Confidential Information could cause serious harm to Publisher and, as an essential term and condition of participating in the test, agrees not to disclose Confidential Information to any person or organization. During the Non-Disclosure Period, Tester agrees not to disseminate, publish, or otherwise communicate any review, account, description or other information concerning the Game, except directly to Publisher or with express prior written consent of Publisher.
Tester further agrees not to copy, decompile, or reverse engineer the Game at any time during or after the beta test.
5. Exclusion from the confidential information: Any confidentiality obligation of the tester under this Agreement shall not apply to any information which: (i) is in the public domain at the time of disclosure by Publisher; (ii) becomes to the public domain after the time of disclosure by Publisher through no fault of the tester; (iii) is developed by the tester independently without any reference to the Confidential Information; (iv) is in the tester’s possession rightfully from a third party that shall not be obliged to keep it secret; (v) is disclosed by the tester in accordance with laws, regulations or orders of any governmental authorities.
6. Ownership: Tester acknowledges having no ownership of the Game, its copyright, its trademark, nor any other intellectual property rights in the Game from this Agreement. Tester further acknowledges that no such ownership will be acquired through this Agreement.
Tester agrees that the contents of all oral, written, electronic reports to Publisher, and any other materials, information or ideas, concepts, and know-how provided by Tester (including corrections to problems in the Game and documentation) become property of Publisher and may be used by Publisher for all business purposes, without any accounting or any payment to Tester. Under no circumstances will Publisher become liable for any payment to Tester for any information that Tester provides, whether concerning the Game or otherwise, no matter how such information is used by Publisher or anyone else.
7. Risks: Tester understands that the Game may have errors and produce unexpected results. Tester agrees that any use of the Game, whether as part of this beta test or otherwise, will be entirely at Tester's own risk. Tester agrees to backup data and take any other appropriate measures to protect programs and data.
THE GAME IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. PUBLISHER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL PUBLISHER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, OR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER RESULTING FROM IMPAIRED OR LOST DATA, SOFTWARE OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE, EVEN IF PUBLISHER IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM BY TESTER OR FOR ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIM.
This document is a complete statement of the contract between the parties. The substantive law of the State of Victoria in the Federal state of Australia shall govern this agreement.
Discloser of Confidential Information:
Company: L&L Technology Pty. Ltd.
ABN: 96 611 077 135
Date: 1st August 2018
Acknowledgement by the recipient of Confidential Information:
The tester acknowledges and agrees that the Tester has read and understand the foregoing Agreement and agrees that by checking the 'Agree to NDA' button.
The Tester is acknowledging his/her agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Non-Disclosure Agreement.